Photobucket

Friday, March 9, 2012

One Month

So I am a little late posting his one month pics. Wyatt will be two months next week! So we will have some good comparison pictures soon. But I can definitely tell you he is growing! Around one month, he started sleeping pretty good at night. He was waking about once a night. We have had one 7 hour stretch and one 8 hour stretch in there. And we have also had a couple nights where he was waking multiple times again. I attribute those to growth spurts. As of now, he is still waking about once. Usually around 3 or 3:30. Although, I am starting to think he is waking more out of habit than because he is hungry. He wakes at almost the exact time every night and he doesn't eat all that much before he falls right back asleep. Even if we make sure to feed him extra before we put him down the final time for the night. So, I am hoping he will outgrow that at some point or I figure out how to cure him of it! But, really, waking up once a night isn't all that bad at this point.

He is overall a good baby. Although, he definitely lets you know when he is unhappy. If we let him get overtired before we put him down for a nap or bedtime, we pay for it. He will sometimes cry for a couple hours before settling down and passing out. Unfortunately, with another kiddo to care for, it isn't always possible to drop everything to put him down before he hits critical mass. We are trying to do better though. If we catch him getting fussy early enough, he will go down fairly easy. He is still sleeping in our room for now. But, I hope to have him in his room in the next couple of weeks. At least before I go back to work which is the first week of April. He is a noisy sleeper and it can sometimes be a real pain. So that is my goal the next couple of weeks.

I am so enjoying my extended time off with him! I didn't get this much time off with Maddi. Everyone said it would be different with a boy. And I can tell you they are right. There is definitely a difference between a mother/daughter bond and a mother/son bond. I could feel that from the first day. I can't explain it but it's true. I love my relationship with Maddi and am so looking forward to how my relationship with Wyatt develops!

Here are the one month chair pics I took!










And one on my quilt. I couldn't get one looking though! Maybe next time!

No comments: