Photobucket

Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Day At The Races!

Maddi and I met my mom at Lone Star Park to watch the horse races on Saturday. It was VERY hot out there. Maddi did really well and enjoyed watching the horses. I slathered her with sunscreen about 3 or 4 times while we were out there and it worked because she isn't burned at all. I didn't do so well on me though. I'm a little crispy in a few places. I won a few little races betting, but overall was down for the day. : ( But we had a great time anyway!

Maddi watching the horses run by.

Maddi studying her bet!

Eating a sno-cone. My mom wanted to get her one and I would only let her get one that didn't have dye in it. So my mom got her coconut. It's a good thing too, because she ended up spilling this one in the seat and soaking her shorts. At least it wasn't red!

After each race, the winning jockey signs a pair of riding goggles and gives them away to a kid around the winner's circle. I wanted to go and try to get Maddi a pair. There are a bunch of kids wanting them and they are hard to get. So we went and the jockey above is the winning jockey and he was actually signing the goggles here.

We had Maddi sitting on the rail and my mom was calling out the jockey's name every so often (a little embarrassing) and I would have Maddi wave. She just sat there clapping like everyone else was and waving every now and then and looking cute. My mom said that sometimes people go up to the jockey and point to the kid they want them to give the goggles too. The girl in the pic above (the teeny bopper dressed like a floozy...oops! Did I say that?) went up to him and was pointing somewhere off to the side. I was like, ahh man.

But he just shook his head at her and came straight up to Maddi! I was so excited! She was actually so enthralled with the horse she didn't even notice at first he was handing her something. But as soon as she did, she took them and very seriously started trying to put them on! So cute! And I didn't see it, but mom said she was on the jumbo-tron, too! It's rare you get a pair on your first try. But I mean, did I ever have any doubt? I have the cutest baby in the world!


I thought I'd try them on too!

Sissi and Maddi!

Mommy and Maddi.

Smooches for Sissi.

1 comment:

Summer said...

so cool about the goggles!! and i love your comment about the floozy...ha!!!