Photobucket

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Summer Catch-Up

Ok so I still have been behind on my blogging. So this will kind of catch up some. We really didn't do much the second half of the summer due to my new job. But we did do two new things with Maddi. She got to go to a Rangers game and we took her to her first movie in the theater!

First, the baseball game. We got a chance to go with my parents to the Rangers game back in July. We got really good tickets from my sister and brother-in-law through his job. The only thing was it was on a Tuesday night. We weren't sure how this would go. We knew we would not be done until way past Maddi's bedtime. So we decided to just go and if she got fussy we would just leave early. She did AWESOME!

She absolutely LOVED the game! I was shocked at how much she liked it. She really got into the whole thing. The game even went into an extra inning and she did fine. I was taking her potty at one point and as we were walking to the restroom she was singing a little song she made up. "I love the baseball! I love the baseball!" So cute!She fell asleep on the way home and did great going straight to bed from the car. She never got fussy once! It was a great first experience to have with her.

Here she is eating her popcorn. The girl loves popcorn!


Our family pic. Pardon how bad I look. It had been a long day at work and I had all of 5 minutes to get ready between the time I got home and the time we had to leave.

Sitting with Bud. Of course, we had to get her a foam finger!

Now we are eating an ice cream sandwich. She ate all but about 3 bites of that thing!



This isn't a good pic of her but I wanted to remember what we were doing here. She has been coming home from school singing "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" for about a year now. So when the seventh inning stretch came around she was very serious about singing the song! I was trying to explain to her that this is what that song is from. You know, that it is not just a song you sing at school! Ha!

Cheering! Actually, this might be when we were doing the wave!


Rangers won in the tenth inning on a homer!


So, on to the movies! Maddi has really gotten into the Toy Story movies here in the last few months. So much so that she has decided to be Jesse from Toy Story 2 for Halloween. She watches the first 2 a lot. She first got into them right around the time the third one came out. I had thought about taking her then but decided I didn't know if she was ready.
But after it had been out awhile, I decided to give it a try. And again, we could leave if it didn't go over well. We went during the day so it was less crowded. And again, she did great!
She sat through the whole movie never once trying to get up out of her seat. She said a few things during the movie about what was happening. But that was it! She loved it. Of course, as soon as it was over she said she wanted to watch it again! Ha! I had to explain I couldn't just start this one over like I do at home!
But believe me, I have already pre-ordered the DVD!

Holding her first movie ticket!


Eating popcorn again! This was taken with my phone which is why it is not good quality.



Hopefully, we can find another good movie to take her to soon!

No comments: