Photobucket

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

18 Months Old!!!

I really, truly cannot believe that Maddi is 18 months old!! That means after today we will be closer to 2 than we are to 1! Which means my baby girl is growing up! Everybody who asks me about Maddi tells me to enjoy these times with her because it goes by so fast. It's usually people with grown children who have a life of their own now and you can just see it in their face that they are remembering when they were this age. When Maddi was born, I couldn't even imagine her at 18 months. But now I look back and it's hard to remember her as a newborn. It suddenly feels as if time is speeding by and I want desperately for it to slow down! It sometimes seems so unfair that we have to work so much (at least I do) and miss out on a lot of their daily activities. I do look forward to all the new things she will experience as she grows but I so don't look forward to the day that she doesn't need me anymore. At least, not like she needs me now. (sniff)

But enough of all the sad, sappy stuff and on to more important things! Some new words are ouch, ewww (such a girl!), bless you (when you sneeze), eyes, tree, airplane (a couple of good tries at it anyway), swing, slide, and move. She has also started putting two word phrases/sentences together. Such as, "bye dada," "bless you dada," and "move dada." She will also tell me to "sit here" when she wants me to sit down with her. It is too cute! She is also learning her name. If you ask her where Maddi is, she will point to herself. And a few times she has actually tried to say her name. We are still working on that one though.

She mostly runs to where ever she is going now. Scares me half to death sometimes because I'm afraid she is going to trip and go crashing into something and need stitches or something. She has crashed a few times but so far no major injuries, thank goodness!

She is also becoming more and more demanding lately! We are having to tell her "No" more and more and she will throw a fit if she doesn't get her way. We just do our best to ignore it and eventually she figures out it won't work but I tell you, some days that is really difficult to do! Hopefully, she will grow out of this phase soon! Because of this though, I was only able to get a few 18 month pics today. She wanted to be a royal pain so...I got what I could! Some days are just like this I guess! Anyway, her check-up is on Thursday so I will post her stats then!

She LOVES her crocs. They are still a little big though and don't always stay on her feet.





No comments: