Photobucket

Sunday, August 16, 2009

21 Months Old

Maddi turned 21 months on Wednesday! I can't believe I have an almost 2-year old! The biggest change in her right now is her growing vocabulary!!! I can't believe how many things she is saying now. I swear I hear her use 2-5 new words a day. It is amazing! Her newest word that I love is "macaroni!" It is her favorite food. She has also started saying "mommy" and "daddy" in place of "mama" and "dada." It sounds so cute when she says it!

She is still loving books right now and she loves Elmo! She loves to play outside no matter what the weather is! She loves shoes and is constantly bringing her shoes to us to put on or she is wearing our shoes! She is getting very picky about what clothes we put on her which is not a good sign for the future!

We have been having to discipline more and more with her. Raising a toddler is hard work!! She is so strong willed it makes life very difficult some days. But I am sure we will get through it somehow. We are becoming very familiar with timeouts!

She is doing great in her swimming lessons still! She moves up to Waterbaby 3 in a couple weeks. We still have her in Little Gym, but since they had to close the Carrollton location and we have been going to the Southlake gym, we haven't liked it as much. We have skipped quite a few this summer. But we have her signed up at the Denton location starting in 2 weeks, so hopefully we will like that one better. She has actually done a few good somersaults here lately though! So she is learning! And the last time we had her on the bars, she hung by herself for a good 20 seconds!

On Aug. 24 she will be moving up to the Early Preschool class at her school. I am so excited to see all the new things she will be learning. They have already begun transitioning her over to that classroom by letting her spend a few hours at a time during the day with the new class. They said the other day that she likes it so much, when they come to take her back to the Young Toddler room, she sits down and doesn't want to go! She knows she's a big girl now!

Here are the pics I took of her on Wednesday. They aren't very good. I had worked a long day that day and was very tired and she was a mess after school. I didn't have the energy to do much about it though. And the humidity must have been doing something funny to her hair that day because the little hairs around her face were much curlier than usual. I got the best ones I could though. Oh well. Maybe I'll have better luch at 22 months!












No comments: