Photobucket

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Poor Little Finger!! : (

So a couple of weeks ago, poor little Maddi got her hand slammed in the big metal door at school that goes from their classroom to the playground. When I picked her up and they told me about it, her fingers were puffy and red, but she seemed okay. I actually forgot about it for a few days until I went to wipe her hands off after dinner and she pulled her hand away from me. I noticed that her nail did not look good. I suspected she might lose her nail...and I was right. After about a week she actually didn't seem to let on that it bothered her other than when you tried to look at it. I took pictures along the way as it died and fell off.

These are just a few days after it happened. You can see the nail starting to turn white.


Here, it had completely died and had lifted away from the nail bed and was just hanging on.

I clipped it back some here, but she had snagged it on something and it had bled a little. Sorry if you have a squeamish stomach with stuff like this!!

It was a couple of days after this that it fell completely off. I think it was ripped the rest of the way off while at school. Needless to say, I was not happy about the injury at all. I know it is tough to keep an eye on all kids all the time. But you would think, that with that kind of door, your number one priority while herding kids in and out would be to make sure all fingers are clear of the door before it closes!! The nail is already starting to grow back. But I hope they feel bad!! Because I sure do!

1 comment:

Summer said...

oh my goodness! that is terrible!! it looks so painful. hope it is feeling better and that it heals quickly!