Photobucket

Monday, June 21, 2010

Zoo!

I am currently in the process of changing jobs. I decided to take a week off in between the change which happens to be this week. I am working on getting a few things done, but I wanted a couple days to hang with Maddi. Today I took her to the zoo! We met my mom there with my nieces, Kaily and Sadee. We went to the Fort Worth Zoo because it was a better middle spot to meet for everyone. We had a great time! It was very hot though! And we went well past Miss Maddi's nap time, so we were in meltdown city by the time we left. But overall, a good time was had by all. Kaily, who is 6, had never been to the zoo either. So it was the first trip for all cousins!

Waiting for the gates to open!


Checking out the gorilla!


And the elephant who only wanted to show us his backside!



The girls checking out the hippo!



Checking out the tigers...which Maddi really didn't want anything to do with. I pushed the stroller up to the side and pointed to the tiger and asked Maddi, "Do you see the tiger?" And she just kind of turned her head away...like if she didn't look at it, it wouldn't be there. So I pushed the stroller closer and she went bananas! Not a fan!

The other girls were all into it though!




Kaily feeding the birds. Some of these pics are blurry. I need to teach my mom how to use my camera!



Not great quality here with the penguins. But thought it was cute the way she is holding her monkey!

Me pushing ALL the girls in the sit n stand stroller. I bought this awhile back because the stroller we have now, while ok for short trips, does not have a very big or accessible bottom basket. So for big day trips, it stinks. So I wanted a stroller with a bigger basket. I know we will have a second kid someday, so instead of just buying another single stroller, I went ahead and bought this. I figured it would come in handy with as much as we do with the cousins. Like today! This was our first time using the stroller. While accessibility is still a little bit of an issue, it is somewhat better. And the size is a HUGE improvement! It came in handy today! I definitely got a workout though! I had sweat all over today! Ugh!

Riding the carousel.







Kaily's flip flops were starting to hurt her feet and the ground was too hot to walk on barefoot. So I gave her a piggy-back ride...even as hot as I was!

Saddi after eating her ring pop!

Maddi "standing" in the sit n stand! I really liked that the girls could do this. They could hop on and off at the exhibits!

You can't tell, but Maddi was in full meltdown mode by this point. Somehow, we managed to get some good pics.


A very evident meltdown here! Where is that exit?!!!




No comments: