Photobucket

Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Potty Time!!

I've been debating on when to start potty training Maddi here recently. She is definitely showing signs of readiness! Currently, the class she is in at school right now doesn't do any potty training, so it wouldn't really be beneficial to seriously start right now. But she moves up to the next class in August. So, today I decided to pull out the potty chair just to introduce her to it. She was very receptive to it and sat right down on it. She would keep getting up and down some, but when I asked if she was done, she would say no. We sat there for about 10-15 minutes and I was getting bored and was about to just get her off even if she got mad. But then she stood up and pointed to the potty and said "water!" I was confused and looked in the bowl but didn't see anything. So I told her, "no, we're not putting water in there," and sat her back down. But she stood up and said it again, and this time she stuck her finger in the bowl and I could tell then that she had actually gone potty! I couldn't tell the first time because it was so clear. Then I was grossed out by the fact she was putting her finger in it! I was trying to explain to her that it wasn't water, it was "t.t." and she was such a good girl for going on the potty! Once we got that straightened out, I took her straight to the sink to wash her hands! Yuck! But I was so excited! I know we still have a ways to go, but this is definitely a first step towards no diapers!! And yes, I took pictures of her on the potty! I needed something to do since she wouldn't let me leave.

We had to have our "snack" while we sat there! I know I shouldn't let her have food during potty time, but she had a mind of her own today and I wasn't up to fighting her on it!

And we had to have Bob (the monkey) too!

And we are working on brushing our teeth. She's kind of starting to get the idea on this one, but still mainly just likes to suck the toothpaste off.

No comments: