Photobucket

Saturday, July 25, 2009

"No Dance Mama!"

It has been awhile since I posted anything. So, I'm making up for it today. Moss' parents were in town last weekend and I would have posted then but we didn't take any pics the entire weekend! I took my camera with me to breakfast on Sunday before they left. But when I went to get it out I realized I had not put the memory card back in. Oh well! But we had a great time visiting with them.

This weekend, Moss is out of town again. So, it's just Maddi and I. We had a great day! For the most part, she was in a really good mood and was being so cute! We got up and ate breakfast while watching Sesame Street and The Mickey Mouse Club. Then we got dressed to go out for awhile. While I was getting ready was about the only time she had a meltdown. She can last about 15-20 minutes then she starts getting upset for whatever reason. I think she just wants me to pay attention to her again! That seems about right for this age! So, I finally get ready and take her into her room to get her dressed. I laid her on the changing table and I could hear a song or something from the TV in the living room. So to try and cheer her up I started dancing and singing. She looked at me and shook her head and said "No dance, Mama!" I couldn't believe it. She has said a few three word sentences before. But they were things she has heard us say before, like, "That's Dada's cup," or something like that. This one she put together all by herself! Although, I was a little offended that it was to tell me to stop dancing. Oh well. It was funny! I kept dancing anyway and she kept saying it!

So, we finally got ourselves out of the house. We made a Target run and then hit Old Navy to see what they had on sell. On our way home, I stopped by Sonic. The one by our house actually has a little playground. It was lunch time, so I decided to let her play and ordered us a grilled cheese and tater tots to share. And of course, my daily vanilla diet coke! We had a blast! Then we came back home and it was nap time. We both slept! Ha!

After we woke up, I took her up to this shopping center up the road that has this cute little pavilion out front with a lot of grass and space for her to run around in and benches to climb on. We got a milk shake on the way there. I never let her have that stuff, but decided this would be a special occasion. Since she never gets them, she actually didn't drink a whole lot of it. So, I had to finish it! Darn! It got rather hot after awhile, so we left and came back home to eat dinner and watch a LOT of Elmo. Then it was time for bed.

I had so much fun with her today! She is getting to be such a fun age! Tomorrow we will see my aunt and uncle who are coming in town for the day! That should be fun!





Tired baby!



Scaring Mom trying to climb up the bars all by herself!



Eating lunch!


I love her eyes in this picture!


Upset because I wouldn't let her climb down the bars by herself. Can we say Drama Queen?

One of her new things is pointing out flags while we're driving. She screams "Flag!" And then gets upset when we pass it and says "More flag!"

Saying "Bye Bye, Mama!"








We found a feather and it became a great source of entertainment for her!


What a face!

No comments: