Photobucket

Monday, July 6, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

We had a great holiday weekend...especially with the extra day off! We didn't do much on Friday, but Saturday we went out to my parents' house in Weatherford. All the kids got to play outside, jump on the trampoline, and swim in the little kiddie pools. Maddi had a great time! We ended up staying the night and then my mom and I went into Weatherford Sunday morning to go to First Monday. We enjoyed our mother/daughter shopping time. Then we headed back home. The weekend definitely went by way too fast!

Maddi in her adorable flag dress that Moss' mom got her.

Maddi and Kaily.

Sadee chowing down on some corn!

Maddi and Aunt Ashly.

Flag girl!



I was trying to get a picture with her, but she kept swinging the flags around and hitting me in the face! She loved those things!


Finally got a good pic.

Maddi wanted to jump on the trampoline when she saw the bigger kids up there. This didn't last too long though because trampolines really freak me out! She kept running towards the edge and I had to run and catch her! Not fun.

She finally got in this teeny tiny pool my mom brought out. She actually played in it for quite a while.

Kaily and Peyton on the trampoline.

Ashly and Sadee.

Uncle Scott.

Maddi and Daddy.

Sadee liked sitting in the pool, but only if there wasn't any water in it. So Maddi sat in it with her for awhile.


Maddi finally moved up to the big kid's pool!




She even figured out how to climb up on the slide and slide down all by herself! No help needed!



Then she kept wanting her bathing suit off and I couldn't figure out why. She kept pulling at it and saying "off." So, I finally took it off and she was happy as could be. A few minutes later, I noticed a bug bite on her little butt cheek right where the diaper edge was. I guess it was bothering her! We let her run around like this for quite awhile until Moss came out and made me put a diaper on her. Be forewarned, there are a lot of butt shots coming!


I love this one!

My mom had caught a frog on her porch and we were showing it to Maddi.

I so wish I had had a video camera right at this moment! Right as my mom showed it to her, it tried to jump out and hopped up on the side of the bucket. My mom was holding the bucket and she screamed and then I screamed, and then Maddison did this little hop/ jig thing a couple of times and ran over to me! I was laughing so hard! I still laugh when I think about it! It was so funny!

She wouldn't let go of me for a few minutes!

Another butt shot because it is just such a cute butt!





We are hard nosed parents and refused to keep Maddi up past her 7:30 bedtime for fireworks. So right before she went down, my mom gave her these glow sticks which she loved playing with. Maybe next year, we will bend the rules some!


One of the reasons I wanted to go to First Monday was to look at some furniture. I was looking for a piece to go in this one spot in our living room and I wanted it to have some storage space for Maddi's toys that she plays with the most and end up out there all the time. This is what I ended up getting and once we got it inside Maddi thought it was the greatest thing to climb up in it and play!

Where's Maddi?

There she is!

No comments: