Photobucket

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Getting In The Christmas Spirit

Moss was hunting this weekend so it was just Maddi and I left to do some Christmas shopping and put up the Christmas decorations! I was really excited this year because Maddi is getting old enough to kind of get Christmas. Friday night we went out and did some Christmas gift and decoration shopping. On the way home it was dark so we went around and looked at some Christmas lights in our neighborhood. That was always and still is one of my fave things to do at Christmas! She loved it! As soon as we passed a house with lights she'd say "More!" And now every night we are out and she sees lights she says "More lights!" So, of course, I take her looking again! So fun!

When we got home we set about the task of decorating the Christmas tree. I put up the lights and then Maddi found the ornaments and was excited to help. Of course our tree ended up having all the ornaments around the bottom of the tree! I was going to leave it like that but ended up taking them down to put up some garland (tulle, really) and then put the ornaments back up. I figured she rearrange them as soon as she saw, since I did this after she went to bed Saturday night. But, surprisingly, so far she hasn't bothered it. I made sure to use all nonbreakable ornaments this year though...just in case. Our tree was finally completely done, as well as the rest of the house decorations by Sunday. It makes me so happy to see all my Christmas stuff up! I love Christmas!

This is my hat that I wore out shopping Friday that Maddi insisted on wearing herself. So cute!



Decorating the tree.




The tree with all the ornaments at the bottom! So cute!

Maddi decided she wanted to take a few back off the tree. "My snowman!"

Found this Santa hat in with the Christmas decorations. I tried to get her to wear it when I found it but she wouldn't. This was after swim lessons on Sunday which is why she is wearing a crazy print swimsuit cover up. Which by the way, used to be a long dress cover up on her! Not anymore! Anyway, it was time for nap and she decided that running to get the Santa hat would be a good diversion from nap time because all of a sudden I couldn't find her and when I did, she was wearing the hat. She was right! I stopped to take pictures! But, finally, I got her down for nap.



The fully decorated Christmas tree!

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

My favorite hurricane vase that I like to switch decorations out of with different seasons!

No comments: