Photobucket

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our visit to Bud and Sissi's schools

We originally had planned on going to Galveston this weekend for a PA conference that was scheduled down there and also a family vacation to the beach. However, as you all know, that idea was kaboshed by ol' Ike! Needless to say I was very disappointed. I was really looking forward to taking Maddi to the beach for the first time. I guess I should be thankful though that Ike came through when he did and not this weekend after we were already down there. That would not have been fun either. We are also thankful that our families made it through without too much damage and no injuries. Both Moss and I have family in the Houston area. Moss' parents who live in The Woodlands didn't get power back until last night. And some of my family who live closer to the coast are still without power. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer though. And I guess we will just have to wait a little longer for our beach vacation!

Since I still had the time off I had to find something to do. So I took Maddi to see my parents in Azle where they work. For those who don't know, my mom is the principal at Hoover Elementary in Azle (5th and 6th graders) and my dad is a teacher/coach at Azle High School where I graduated from. We moved to Azle when I was in 1st grade and I grew up knowing many of the teachers and coaches very well who still work at the schools. So I thought it would be fun to take Maddi up there to show her off. We went to see my dad first. Then we went and met my mom at El Paseo for lunch (my favorite Mexican food restaurant ever!) Then finally we went up to Hoover to hang out with Mom for the rest of the afternoon. Here are some pics from our visit.

P.S. As suspected, after taking her first steps on Saturday, Maddi hasn't done much more trying to walk since then. She finally tried again tonight a little bit. But not much more than 2-3 steps at a time. So she's taking it slow. We'll keep you updated!


I bought this dress for Maddi to take on our Galveston trip. I thought it would look so pretty in pictures with the ocean behind her. Needless to say, although I always think she is pretty, it's just not the same in our backyard as it would have been on the beach. But I was determined that she still wear it!


Maddi with Bud and Sissi at El Paseo.


Sitting in Sissi's chair!


Meeting some of Mom's students.


Chillin' with Sissi!


Maddi making herself at home!

Caught! Attempting to escape down the hall.

Drinking out of her sippy cup like a big girl!



"Helping" Sissi out with her paperwork!


No comments: