Photobucket

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

Well, we just made it back into town today from Houston which is why I am a little late posting. To continue from my previous post, Maddison made it through the night Wednesday without any more incidents of getting sick. So, Thursday morning, we packed up and headed out. This age is a horrible age to travel with. Maybe other parents are lucky enough to have kids who travel well at any age, but not us. She HATES being in the car seat for more than half an hour. Part of the reason is, I think, because her school is literally a minute and a half from our house. So anytime she has to ride in the carseat for longer than that, she's like, "Okay, time to get out!" And with her not feeling well and being really congested, it just made things worse. But we made it down in time to have a wonderful Christmas with Moss' family! We all got TONS of wonderful gifts for which we are thankful for. Maddi got lots of toys, including a giraffe on wheels from her Aunt Stacy, and a lot of new clothes and books! We are set for a while!

Maddi reading one of her new books.

Maddi sitting on her present instead of opening it.

Finally opening her present.

Sitting on Daddy's hat box. (It's what we use for stockings with his family!)

Grandpa helping Maddi open up her gifts.


Maddi and Daddy being silly!

Riding her giraffe from Aunt Stacy.

Maddi and Grandma. Maddi is in a phase where she almost flat refuses to even look at the camera much less smile for it. You have to really work to get a good picture these days. So I post the best of what I have! Little Stinker!

Maddi and Grandpa.

Maddi and Aunt Stacy.

The Fennell Family. Again, Maddi isn't looking but she is smiling! One out of two isn't bad I guess.

On Saturday, we went to see my grandparents, aunt, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side. Maddi had a lot of fun playing with Riley (my counsin's little girl...so Maddi's second cousin). She also got MORE great gifts!
Maddi and Riley playing.



Playing with my Meemaw's dog, Lucy.

Meemaw, Trisha, Maddi, and Riley.

Trisha, Maddi, Krystle (my cousin), and Dennis (my uncle).

Maddi and I with Peepaw.

Maddi and I with Aunt Traci.

Maddi and I with my Uncle Mike.
We really wish we could have visited longer but unfortunately we had to leave on Sunday. Maddi had totally gotten off her schedule by the end of our trip. She got sick a couple more times while we were there, but I think she has gotten over the worst of it. Being so off her schedule made the car ride home and bedtime a little difficult today, but hopefully getting back in to the swing of things with school tomorrow will help.
**On a side note: Maddi is definitely saying "mama" and "dada" very clearly these days! She has also weaned herself off the pacifier! We didn't even have to try. She just gave it up on her own. So I have thrown them all away! Now, if we could just do the same with the bottle!

No comments: