Photobucket

Thursday, February 12, 2009

15 Months Old

Maddi turned 15 months old today! My big girl! However, at the moment, I am feeling like a horrible parent. Anytime her "milestone" dates come up, I try to take her picture. I reminded myself all week that Thursday I needed to take her picture. Then today comes around and I reminded myself this morning that I needed to do it this afternoon. I had to round at the hospital so I didn't get to see her this morning. Moss took her to school. Then this afternoon Moss texted me that his work was having happy hour at Gloria's in Addison at 4:30 and that I was welcome to come. My first, knee-jerk reaction was to say no because that's always when I pick Maddi up and I didn't want to mess up our routine. But then I thought about it, and we are always saying how we need to take more time for ourselves and do these kind of things more often. I talked myself into it saying that one night wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I reminded myself again I needed to get her picture that evening. So I left work at 4:30 to get there. That means I have to go on my pager for any important patient calls until 5. You would think this one time I could get away with no calls...but no. I was on the Tollway in rush hour traffic and get a call I have to take. It's the husband of one of our surgical patients and it turns out to be a really frustrating call. He seriously asked me that if the pain medication bottle said to take 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours as needed for pain, how exactly is his wife supposed to take it? Seriously. I mean he just read me the directions and he can't figure that out? So while I'm answering his questions in traffic on my cell phone, I make a wrong turn and have to figure out how to right myself. I finally get there and although it was a good time, I could only stay for about 25 minutes because I had to leave to go get Maddi. And Moss and I both felt guilty the whole time we were there leaving Maddi at school longer than usual. I got to her school at 6:15, fighting traffic all the way again. Her school closes at 6:30 and she was one of two kids left. They had them sitting on the bench in the front with their bags ready. I felt really bad then. She had a good day at school and was in a good mood when we got home. I fed her dinner and we watched a Baby Einstein video. Moss got home right when I was putting her in her pj's. It was Moss' night for bedtime duty so he read her a couple books and put her down. Five minutes after he put her down I realized I had forgotten to take her picture! Now I really felt horrible! I was determined to get one. So I went in her room, but she had already fallen asleep as you can see in the picture below. This will have to be her official 15 month pic, but I will take more tomorrow. Somedays, you just can't win.

My sleeping beauty!

1 comment:

The Heninger Family said...

That is just too cute. I think one of her sleeping is just fine. And yes, you and Moss do need some more Mommy and Daddy time to yourselves. I will always be willing to watch her on a Saturday night or Friday night! Anyway, Happy 15 months to Maddi!

-Love
Aunt Ashly